There’s a difference between a security system notifying police of a security event, versus truly confirming the event so they see its validity. This is an important difference, because it affects police response time to your business if your alarm is activated.
If your security system sends a simple event notification, that places it in the same category as 96% of business alarm activations: a false alarm.
False alarms are usually caused by:
- Human error when an employee enters the alarm code incorrectly.
- Batteries dying, electrical shorts or water intrusion.
- An accidental glass break that triggers the glass break detector.
The False Alarm Dilemma
Because the vast majority of business alarm activations are false, police typically make them their lowest priority. False alarms are a massive drain on police resources, especially in a time when departments are facing budget cuts and hiring fewer officers. This presents them with a serious dilemma:
- If they respond to your alarm and it turns out to be false, that prohibits them from responding on time to urgent calls for help. In some cases, this could cost lives.
- If your alarm is legitimate but police have given it low priority, that puts them at your site about 30 minutes later. By that time, the burglar has made off with your merchandise, equipment or cash. It’s too late to apprehend him.
Fortunately, there is a solution to the false alarm dilemma: video verification.
How Video Verification Works
Video verification is an immediate solution to the false alarm dilemma. Here’s how it works:
- Your alarm is still activated by motion detection or glass breaking.
- Agents at the monitoring center instantly see the event on a live video feed.
- They use this video to quickly verify the event as a crime in progress.
- Once verified, they call 911 from your business address.
- Police arrive at your business in five to eight minutes.
By confirming your event is an emergency, video verification automatically filters out the possibility of a false alarm. It gets police to the scene faster, because they understand a real crime that needs their attention is happening. Your assets are far more likely to be protected from theft when you have this valuable security service, and the thief is far more likely to be apprehended. As the business owner, you will also have access to the live video so you can stay aware in real time — and, recorded video that you can use as evidence or share with neighbors.
Video verification is the true confirmation solution business owners need. To find out more about our powerful video verification service, call Pioneer Security. We will be happy to answer your questions.
ABOUT PIONEER SECURITY SERVICES
Whether your security needs are for your home, small business, or corporation, Pioneer Security Services has the products and industry experience you need to ensure your safety and peace of mind. Our clients appreciate our hands-on approach to service. You are never just an account number at Pioneer Security. We take pride in pampering our clients with personal service that goes above and beyond expectations.